Monday, September 2, 2013

Half of what I used to be... but really I'm more.


Yup.... that's the same person.  Me at 18 and me now at 36.  I don't even know how much weight I've lost in total because I don't know what my heaviest was.... (although that's it on the left!)  In the past year I have lost about 80 pounds.... Take note... It CAN be done!  
But you have to be dedicated, diligent and determined..... and educated! 





I had lost a bunch of weight between high school and adulthood... but I was never, ever even CLOSE to being a "healthy" weight.  I gave up red meat, soda, treats... I read and read and read trying to find a healthy diet I could live with....  *note* now I actually I like healthy food!  Healthy can be DELICIOUS!!!  

I joined the gym and worked out regularly... I tried all kinds of diets, one summer I went to the gym EVERYDAY twice a day!! I ate like a bird and I didn't lose ONE SINGLE POUND!!!  I was over it.  I thought maybe this is just the weight I'm supposed to be.... I was about 250 pounds at that point.  

I have struggled with my weight my entire life.  I have been thinking about the food I put in my mouth every bite of every meal, every day, my entire life.  It's exhausting. But I was determined to not be just SKINNY but be healthy and most importantly & above all FEEL GOOD! 

The picture on the right is me today... at my HEALTHY GOAL WEIGHT OF 180!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment